TESSA's Volunteers Save Lives
What Can I Do as a Volunteer or Intern?
TESSA's Volunteer and Program Managers work with volunteers and interns to find the best fit within the agency.Volunteer opportunities include:
- Administrative Support: Provide filing, data entry, phone support and special project assistance.
- Children’s Program: Educate and facilitate art and recreational activities with children living with, or coming from homes with, domestic violence and abuse.
- Confidential Victim Advocacy: Assist clients with the Temporary Protection Order process, court support, safety planning, information/referral services, and hospital response.
- Crisis Line: Provide telephone crisis intervention, information and referral services on our 24-hour crisis line.
- Development: Assist with special events and projects, administrative support, data entry, and fundraisers.
- Safehouse: Provide case management and client services for female victims and their children residing in the Safehouse.
General Info for Prospective Volunteers
TESSA Volunteers must complete our 48-hour Domestic Violence/Sexual Assault Advocacy Training. Depending on the specific area of interest, additional training may be required. All Volunteers receive ongoing education and support throughout their time at TESSA. Volunteers must be 18 years of age or older.
To express interest in a volunteer position and hear about next steps, please complete the form below:
General Info for Prospective Interns
TESSA offers both undergraduate and graduate internships in specific fields of study. Prospective graduate interns are required to interview with TESSA’s Counseling Department for acceptance into the program. All accepted undergraduate and graduate interns are required to complete our 48-hour Domestic Violence/Sexual Assault Advocacy Training program.
Volunteer application forms and training dates are accessible through the link on the right-hand side of this web page.
To learn more about the Volunteer or Intern Program,
please Email or call (719.785.6816) TESSA's